In Hemel Hempstead, the election on Thursday 6th May is a choice between change for the better with Labour, or more of the same.
The Labour Party is on the side of working people and communities. Our focus is on ensuring our neighbourhood is a great place to grow up, grow old and live. We’ll do that with a relentless focus on the priorities of the British people – supporting businesses, making neighbourhoods safe and protecting the NHS.
At these elections, we are standing:
- To bring decision making closer to home and oppose the single unitary council
- To keep waste and recycling in local public ownership, open six days a week
- To create a climate change initiative fund for our community to take control of green projects
- To create an antisocial behaviour commissioner for Hertfordshire to bring down crime
- To care for our NHS services and support our key workers with a proper pay rise
- To invest in social care and increase carers’ allowance for unpaid full-time carers
- To prioritise net zero transport, improve cycle paths and enforce speed limits in residential areas and near schools
- To protect the right to a first class education from early years to adulthood
If you would like to read more about what we’re standing for, read our election leaflet here.
Remember, polls open 7am-10pm on Thursday 6th May. You can find your polling station here.