Gary Cook is Labour's candidate in the by-election on 29th September.
Gary is an experienced community leader and campaigner and if elected he will put the needs of local residents first. He lives with his wife in Adeyfield and has served as a county and borough councillor in the past.
Gary's promises for Adeyfield West:
- Better affordable housing I will fight for more affordable and social housing in Adeyfield - putting families before property developers.
- Adeyfield Apprenticeships Promise I will campaign for all companies locating to the Maylands to sign an “Apprentice Promise”
- Cap local business rates I will campaign against Tory plans to impose rate rises and to cap any local shop rent rises in line with inflation.
- Building strong communities I will make the council listen on the importance of community services for families and young people.
- Health I will demand our local council does its job and forces Herts County Council to deliver a proper patient centred health strategy.
- Replace the town centre Pavilion I will fight to see a multi- purpose arts venue for all, to build a strong community, boost local business and make the town safer at the weekends and evenings.