Labour has set out a better plan for Britain in contrast to the Conservatives who have flip flopped from issue to issue during this election campaign.
They started off talking about austerity, but that made people think about the pain this Government has caused. Then they attacked Ed Miliband and said he would knife Britain in the back, but that just reminded people they are the nasty party. Then they made £35bn worth of uncosted pledges but that reminded people of the broken promises over the last five years. Now they are going on about the SNP and that just shows they're running out of arguments.
Instead Labour is talking about a consistent and optimistic plan which will change Britain for the better. Our plan locally will give the villages and towns across the Hemel Hempstead constituency the chance to decide what kind of place they want to live in and the tools make it happen.
Our local plan for Hemel and the surrounding area will deliver:
- A campaign that will put the heart back into Dacorum which will include rebuilding the Pavilion rather than a civic centre
- Affordable housing that meets local needs but doesn’t overwhelm local services or ruin our green belt
- New services to the hospital including an A&E and maternity unit as part of a rejuvenated hospital
- More help for mums that want to start their own business and guaranteed apprenticeships at Maylands.
- A reversal of Tory plans to shut local Sure Start and Children’s Centres and cuts in support for the elderly.
Only Labour can deliver change after five years of broken promises at Westminster and a generation of incompetence at Dacorum Borough Council.
On May 7th Use your vote but don’t waste it.